Moving to Bonita Springs may be a new idea for you but the secret has been out for a while. We will share with you all of the tips and tricks we’ve learned from living in Bonita Springs since the mid 1980’s and from helping hundreds of people not only relocate to Bonita Springs, Florida but we help them find the perfect agent ‘up north’ to sell their home, too.
Here are some great things to know about Bonita Springs, Florida before you move:
1. The People - It’s a great small town city and people are friendly. People start looking familiar quickly and it doesn’t take long to make friends. In fact, we have a guide for making friends after you relocate to Bonita Springs. Read also, How to Make Friends in Bonita Springs
2. The Climate – Mother nature dishes up sunshine almost daily. Our weather during the winter is the big draw. People arrive from all over the world to both vacation and winter-over. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been recognized as one of the best places to retire. Retire in Bonita Springs
3. The Nature – Bonita Springs is the ‘Gateway to the Gulf’. We have many tributaries and rivers running through Bonita Springs that lead to the Gulf of Mexico. Naturalists and outdoorsmen from all over the country come here to boat, paddle, fish, hike and birdwatch.
4. Accessibility – We have a great international airport RSW that is only about twenty to thirty minutes from Bonita Springs. Many people find ease flying in and out while doing their homework and preparation in relocating to Bonita Springs.
5. Bonita Beach – We have miles of white sand beaches to walk. Plus, a variety of inland gated communities such as Bonita Bay, Pelican Landing, The Brook and West Bay Club purchased space on the beach for the residents to have access to the Gulf of Mexico. That means you don’t have to spend millions to be able to ‘own a piece of the beach’. We have a tips for parking, too: Bonita Beach Parking Tips & Tricks Bonita Springs, Florida
6. The Storm Bubble – We just get fewer hurricanes on this nook of the coast than in other places. It’s a historical fact. Sure we have had hurricane come near and even through the area but far few than other places. Read also: 100 Years of Storm Tracking
7. Infrastructure – We are a new area. When I moved here the population was only a couple thousand. Nearly every highway and utility is new. We have great streets, biking and walking sidewalks, streetlights, water and sewer infrastructure.
8. Housing – Because we are so new of an area both Bonita Springs and Estero have tons of new housing. New housing means the newest building codes and homes and condos that need fewer updates and remodels than in historic cities.
9. Medical – Because we are so new the medical campuses are going up everywhere. Right at the Bonita Springs/Estero line there are all sorts of medical parks, clinics and hospitals that are brand new. In addition the NCH Health System and Lee Memorial Health Systems are only minutes away in Naples and Fort Myers.
10. Parks – We had tons of great county and city planners who had the forethought to save land. Bonita Springs is peppered with parks and recreation area plus the Lee County 2020 conservation project has preserved land all over the county for hiking, biking, horseback riding and more.
11. Golf – Not many people know this but Bonita Springs used to be the tomato capital of the world. Now it’s the golf course capital of the world and you’d be hard pressed to find a ripe tomato around here. If you are a golfer, Bonita Springs is your next stop.
12. Tennis & Pickleball – Nearly every community has tennis courts and have been installing pickleball courts like gangbusters. One of the fastest growing sports is pickleball. Those who are relocating to Bonita Springs are always looking for leagues to play.
13. Tax Benefits – It’s no secret that our taxes are favorable. Our property taxes are low plus we have no state income tax. Read also: Bonita Springs Florida Tax Haven High Net Worth Residents
14. New Schools and Colleges – This massive growth has also produced the need for schools of all types from primary through college. Most notably our area has ease of access to FGCU in Fort Myers and Bonita Springs has the newest high school in Lee County Florida. The state of the art Bonita Springs High School is located on Imperial Parkway.
15. We Are Low – We don’t have a lot of high rises, even on our beaches. We aren’t a vertical city so the density per square mile is much lower than the east coast cities of Florida that are basically concrete jungles. This also means that we don’t have a lot of building breaking up our sky line.
16. Outdoor Pet Friendly Dining – If your best friend has fur, know that our climate and our restaurants are perfect for outside dining. Many of our restaurants allow pets outside on the patio. From coffee shops to mall restaurants man’s best friend is like just around the corner!