Along The Imperial River in Old Bonita
There are little gems like these hidden all over in Bonita Springs, Florida. In the older, original section of Bonita there are still remnants of old groves. Mature citrus trees are tucked away in the back yards of many homes.
The blossoms are out right now. Sometimes, if you’re lucky enough, you can drive by a big enough grove and smell them through the car air conditioning. There are often home owners that sell citrus off the trees road side in the Dean Street area. The “fresh from the tree” oranges aren’t picture perfect like grocery store oranges but they usually taste better. Looks isn’t everything, right?
You can find fresh local citrus at several of our farmer’s markets depending upon the time of the year. Many of our farmer’s markets are seasonal and close shortly after Easter.
If you’re looking for farmers markets in Bonita Springs or Estero, Florida try:
- Farmer Mikes on Morton Road
- The Lion’s Club on Pennsylvania Avenue
- The Wednesday Farmer’s Market at Riverside Park on Old 41 Road
- Flamingo Island Flea Market on Bonita Beach Road
- Mehmett’s Produce in Estero on US 41
- The Farmer’s Market at the Promenade on Saturday