Off The Beaten Path in Bonita Springs
- Definitely stop and eat at Buffalo Chips ~ Bonita Springs’ favorite upscale dive offers the hottest wings and the coldest beer in town … and a little local culture.
- Taste of Bonita – 3rd weekend of November every year. Taste of Bonita is the biggest Florida food festival in the tiniest little park.
- Dog beach … where else but in Bonita Springs Florida is there a beach just for dogs? It’s one of a few pet friendly parks in the area. Bonitians love their dogs!
- The Great Calusa Blueway runs through Estero Bay and up the scenic Imperial River.
- Mound Key, anyone? The spiny orb weavers and goats out there should make anyone want to go!
- Swamp Buggy Ride? There are folks with kin ‘round here with swamp buggies, ask around and get up close to nature.
- Shangri La Hotel is a historical landmark drive by the front or paddle around the back of it on Oak Creek.
Everglades Wonder Gardens – No brainer It’s a zoological park straight out of old Florida.
- Christian Busk’s restored historic houses on Pennsylvania. Take a look at history and appreciate the hard work and labor of love that went into saving these Southwest Florida homes from the wrecking ball.
- The Blue Grass musicians at Flamingo Island (in season) Blow-your-doors-off, walk up, playing/singing musicians who just want to jam. A few famous musicians have quietly stepped on stage a few times.
- Did you know we have an annual Harp and Harpist Convention here?
- We also have Art Festivals in the winter season … a couple of them. Plan your travel to catch one!
Have an idea for other fun things to do in Bonita Springs? Email it or leave it in the comments below.